Friday, January 29, 2010

Failure can lead to success!

The other day I was asked if I would consider joining the Board of Directors of a growing Not for Profit Organization. I replied that much of the added value I could bring to the Board was from many successes that I have experienced as a direct result of failures along my path. The Executive Director who asked me to join the Board was glad to hear that I would be real and that I knew what to and what not to do.

Some of my failures were a direct result of anxiousness or poor decision making on my part, occasionally from bad information and some were a result of others dealing deceitfully. Most of the lessons I have learned from the failures lead to the sweetest successes in my business and personal life.

Today, I am surrounded by a group of incredible friends who are real about successes and failures, most giving glory to God for both and have a vision of the future that encourages the next generation. Getting is a given, giving is intentional.

Join me in giving away what I cannot keep.

2 comments:

  1. Dad, I love you.
    "He gives us beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garmet of praise for the spirit of heaviness. That we might be called trees of righteousness, a planting of the Lord, that HE may be glorified."
    May your tree produce fuit in abundace Dad :)

    ReplyDelete